Our Physical Therapy Department at Multicare Health Clinic in Sioux City
Physical therapy is often recommended in conjunction with chiropractic adjustments to help speed the process of healing and to increase mobility. At Multicare Health Clinic in Sioux City, we offer a wide variety of treatment options from your chiropractor to get you back in action. We are always investing in new technology, and the best non-invasive treatment therapies as well to help with your condition. New for 2024 are Shockwave, Softwave, and Cold-Laser therapies, which are used by major league teams of all sports for fast pain relief, sometimes in minutes! Specific information is coming soon.
What is Physical Therapy?
Physical therapy is the process of helping a person restore and maintain maximum movement and function ability. This non-invasive treatment is done by a trained physical therapist and includes different techniques to help you decrease pain and stiffness. Heat, ice, ultrasound, manual therapy, electrical stimulation, or many other types of physical therapy treatments (as seen below) may be used along with small physical exercises to increase strength and improve function. The physical therapist will also provide patient education about the condition or illness to help you understand your diagnosis and the prognosis of your condition.
Conditions Treatable with Physical Therapy
- Musculoskeletal dysfunction, including back pain, rotator cuff tears, and TMJ
- Whiplash / MVA Injuries
- Post-surgical Rehabilitation for Total Joint Replacement
- Low Back Pain
- Neck Pain
- Mid-Back Pain
- Rib Pain
- Dizziness / Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo (BPPV)
- Knee Sprain/Strain
- Neck Sprain/Strain
- Tennis Elbow / Golfer's Elbow
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Many, many other conditions
Are you looking for non-invasive treatment of a condition not listed? Call the clinic, or request an appointment below for a free consultation with one of our physicians.
Types of Physical Therapy Treatments
There are several types of physical therapy treatments available at Multicare Health Clinic:
Orthopedic physical therapy involves joint mobilization, manual therapy, strength training, and mobility training.
Geriatric physical therapy helps older patients work through mobility problems due to arthritis, osteoporosis and Alzheimer’s.
Neurological physical therapy for those with disorders and conditions like Parkinson’s. spinal cord injuries, brain injuries, and stroke. This treatment works to increase limb responsiveness, treats paralysis and reduces muscle atrophy.
Vestibular therapy treats balance problems through a series of manual exercises and techniques.
Decongestive therapy helps to drain the accumulated fluid in patients with lymphedema through a series of exercises.
Physical Therapy Services
- Manual Therapy
- Shockwave Therapy
- Instrument-Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization - Commonly referred to as Graston or "Scraping"
- Electrical Muscle Stimulation
- Soft Tissue Oscillation
- Therapeutic Exercise
- Balance and Fall Prevention Testing/Training
- Sports Rehab and Performance Training
- Digital Range of Motion Study
- Cardiorespiratory Endurance Testing (VO2 Max)
- Digital Postural Assessments
- Computer-Based Sports Training Programs
- Resistive Band Exercises
- Digital Muscle Testing
- Muscle Weight Training/Stabilization
- Sioux City Fire and Rescue Fitness Assessments
- Natural Pain Relief