If you have been in any type of car crash in Sioux City, it is pertinent to seek the advice of a chiropractic professional as soon as possible. The stress and immediate release of endorphins after a car accident often mask any immediate signs of injuries. It can actually take several days or weeks for pain and symptoms from a car crash to surface. However, our chiropractor in Sioux City can identify any issues quickly and get you on the road to recovery with auto accident injury care and rehabilitation at Multicare Health Clinic.
Common Car Accident Injuries
The body can be put under extreme duress in a car accident. Whether it’s a full-on hit, a roll over, or a small bump from behind, the body is jarred and the spine and other bones can be shifted due to hitting the wheel, airbags, or a seatbelt tightening. Statistically, the most common injury reported after a car crash that requires quick injury treatment is whiplash, which typically causes neck stiffness, severe headaches, and intense pain.
Unfortunately, that’s just the tip of the iceberg concerning the number of damaging effects a car crash can have. The following is a list of additional damage car accidents can cause to the body:
- Back Pain: Low, mid, and upper back pain often results from spinal misalignments which tend to spread to the extremities if recovery is not prioritized.
- Herniated Discs: A car accident can cause spinal discs to herniate. Herniated discs can push against surrounding nerve tissue, resulting in intense pain.
- Sciatica: Sciatica is a painful condition caused by compression of the sciatic nerve.
- Facet Joint Damage: The small joints that connect the vertebrae and articulate the spine can easily be jolted out of place, resulting in stiffness, inflammation, and pain.
- Torn Muscles: Muscle and ligaments along with strained tendons can be come stretched beyond the norm due to spinal twisting. This is typical of seat belt injuries.
If you have any signs of pain, headaches, dizziness, or reduced range of motion, contact our chiropractor in Sioux City for injury treatment right away.
Chiropractic Rehabilitation and Injury Treatment
Chiropractors specialize in helping the body recover naturally from injuries using methods including chiropractic spinal adjustments, physical therapy, spinal traction, massage therapy, therapeutic exercises and stretches, lifestyle counseling, and dietary advice. We will prepare a diagnosis and create a personalized treatment plan specific to your case and injuries.
Make Multicare Health Clinic Your Chiropractor for Auto Injury Rehabilitation
Whether you need spinal adjustments or physical therapy or services in between, Multicare Health Clinic is ready to work with you diligently to help your auto accident recovery. Contact us today online or call (712) 276-4325" class="piwik_ignore">(712) 276-4325 to schedule an appointment.